Thursday, February 3, 2011

Josh and Katie, Our story

Our journey started in May of 2008. I remember seeing Josh for the first time.  I thought he was so silly. He was handsome, charming, humorous and smooth. He had a comeback to everything!  We were making fun of one another laughing and making jokes, not knowing that we would end up friends, never the less together. I couldn’t stay away. I went back to that park every day in hopes that he’d be there.  When we had exchanged numbers it was obvious that we were starting something great.

After that, we were hooked. My mother moved me to Vegreville a few months prior to our meeting and it was horrible. I felt so alone and lost without my old friends and big city. I never met anyone I could talk to or relate to like I could with Josh. I barely knew this boy yet I felt like I had known him for years. Our days became all about one another. Texting while at school, hanging out all evening and talking all night. It was special, it was unbelievable. We could just sit together and look at one another; I had never felt this way about anyone before.

When Josh decided to move out of his mother’s house and in with his best friend Wacey, I was so excited. We spent so much more time together and became so much closer. I got to meet all his friends and relax about being myself. We were impossible to separate! Every moment we could be together we would.
We still spent most of our time at the skate park; hanging around with friends and making the walk home last as long as we could. We would sit on the front step of my house and talk for hours. When I was asked inside by my mom we would take forever to say goodbye.

It wasn’t long before Josh and Wacey were offered jobs in Fort Saskatchewan to work with Wacey’s dad Ken and a construction company. We knew it would be hard on each other. We knew we wouldn’t be able to talk as much or see one another as often but we promised to make it work. Before saying goodbye we had one last special day together and in front of everyone at Capital Ex, he purposed to me. Of course I said yes but we both knew he still had to leave. Saying goodbye got even harder, we never knew the next time we would see each other.

About a week after they left, they came back for a visit. Summer wasn’t over yet, I still had a month before classes started so I decided to go to go with them. He worked long hours, every day was the same. He’d wake up at 5:30 am I’d help him get his stuff together, make sure he didn’t forget anything and go back to sleep. I would sleep till I felt like waking up and try to amuse myself. He would be gone so late, sometimes not getting home till nine or ten o’clock at night. Sometimes it felt like we got no time at all but every second counted. Summer went by so fast and it was time for me to go back home.

I started school and tried to occupy myself with anything to speed up time. A few weeks later, Josh had returned to Vegreville and told us he was going to stay. My mom let him stay with us until he could find a place of his home. It was perfect, he was home, we were happy and we were impossible to separate again. Not too much time passed and Josh got a job with a construction company in Vegreville and was working full time. We decided that we made enough money to get his own place and Josh asked if I would move in with him. Being so young I was worried about how I would feel, how my mom would feel and how Josh would feel being in a committed relationship. I was so happy. Things were going so well and I knew I didn’t want one second more away from him then I had too.

We began looking for houses. In the paper there were many ads, and after countless views and declines we thought it would be impossible for us to live together. Trying one last hopeful time we found an ad for a house that sounded perfect. We took my mom and went to go see it. It was the real deal, perfect for a couple like us, home like and warm, we loved it. After filling in all the papers, meeting the owner and moving in, it was ours. In less than eight months we went from getting to know each other, being friends, being in a relationship, engaged, to moving in together. It was getting serious really fast and we knew it would not be easy.  
It has been three years, more things to write then there is room on the internet. There has been pain, tears and heart ache, but joy, laughter and love. We struggled at times and felt like giving up, things felt impossible and hopeless, people would judge and get into our business but there has not been one moment that wasn’t worth it. There hasn’t been one smile that we didn’t enjoy or one tear that we never helped wipe. We love each other and although hard times are inevitable we are ready to face them, together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment